Monday, November 03, 2008

GYPSY CHALLENGE/CELEBRATION OF THE DOLL,2008

GYPSY CHALLENGE DOLL I MADE. Her name is "Jessenia". I needled sculpted her face and hands with nylon stocking. her face features are painted on. Body is wire armature wrapped. Feet/Shoes are sculpted out of Paperclay and pieces of silk fabric with Paverpol brushed on the silk fabric. Her head dress is made of silk and beads. Her dress is made of silk.


IN CELEBRATION OF THE DOLL 2008. I MADE: "Dancine Faith" Her face is sculpted out of Prosculpt clay. Her body is cloth with paper, fancy fibers, etc. mod podged on. There's lots of other techniques used on her. I also teach "Dancine"






These two dolls are at the International Quilt Show in Houston, Texas. All the dolls in the show are WONDERFUL. Check out these pictures: Lots of Eye Candy .
Love & Hugs
Fran


10 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Your Gypsy and Dancing Faith are beautiful Fran. Thanks for sharing the pictures

Anonymous said...

I hope you got my message there was an eror but if you didn't they ae both gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

They are wonderful...I especially love the Gypsy.

bub said...

wonderful dolls !

Hoopie

Natalie said...

Fantastic!!!
That gypsy is to-die-for...

Love You,

~Nat

Kelly Bell said...

Fran I love both of these dolls - they are colorful and beautiful - and the detail and workmanship are killer. Great work.

Nita Butler said...

Fran the Gypsy is beautiful! Great job! As always, I love Dancine!

Love,
Nita

Carla said...

Fran, thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your sweet comment on my "Punkin". Your dolls are so beautiful!

Fran said...

Thank Y'All for your wonderful comments about my dolls.
Love & Hugs
Fran

Designs by Kat Lees said...

Fran both dolls are absolutely gorgeous, I love your fabric use, the faces are perfection.......wow
Love Kat Lees